Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So here goes!

So. I have been overweight, or at least somewhat overweight for most of my life. I have a lot of bad habits, and have never given an honest effort to change. I am a nursing student, and I am expected to help patients with their physical and mental health. How am I supposed to help them, when I can't even help myself? There are a number of things I need to change.

1. I need to stop smoking (it's a terrible habit, I know)!
2. I should lose some weight. (Okay, a lot of weight).
3. I need to be more active.

Most of all, I would like to have a life that includes more than sitting around at home doing nothing. Sigh. Which is what I do now, isn't it sad?

So here goes. By putting this out here, somewhere where someone can see it other than me, I will have some extra motivation. Hopefully. The plan is twofold. I have everything I need to start on the South Beach Diet. (Well, almost everything, need a couple of things yet.) I also have a copy of Ten Minute Trainer. I figure by using both, I should be able to get goal number one and two started. Of course, the stop smoking part needs to happen too, and I'm pretty sure that will happen on its own. I am not a heavy smoker, never have been, and I'm always on and off. Smoke for a few months, quit for a few months. And if I don't leave my house, I don't smoke either.

So really, I just have to get started. :) Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment