Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yumm!

I found this amazing recipe for phase 1! It's called Mock French Toast, and I will give you the recipe in a minute. I have been doing okay with the diet so far. Although, since I am a student, I have a hard time with breakfast. I have to be at school early, and I am usually up late doing homework and stuff, so I don't want to get up ridiculously early to try and make a huge breakfast. That time is better spent sleeping, let me tell you. So far, I have been able to grab some cottage cheese or something, and then I get a couple eggs at the cafeteria. But, it is still something on the run, and I don't know what kind of oil they are using. Plus I had a sausage link today, because it looked like turkey sausage, but I don't know that for sure. It could have easily been pork, which would have been off-limits. In any case, the rest of my day was good. I had spagetti sqaush with homemade sauce for lunch, and I had the mock french toast for supper. It was awesome! I loved it, it will be something I make again!

Mock French Toast
4 egg whites
1 egg
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Splenda (or other sugar substitute)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Spray a frying pan with Pam (or other oil spray).
Pour mixture in like pancakes, flip when almost cooked through.
Put a little margerine on it, and some sugar free syrup.
Tastes really close to the real thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment